How to Convert iTunes M4V Video for Playing in VLC Media Player?
“I really like the VLC Media Player. But when i dragged my iTunes M4V video files to it, it doesn't work. Does VLC Media Player support iTunes M4V? How can i play iTunes M4V with VLC successfully?”
Above is one of the common questions you can see from the movie forum. Actually, VLC media player is a free and open-source media player and streaming media server on which you can directly play almost all kinds of videos on Windows and Mac. Besides, it can act as a home media server which allows you share and play your media contents on the devices that are connected to your home network.
VLC media player supports many audio and video compression methods and file formats, including DVD-Video, video CD and streaming protocols. It is able to stream over computer network and to transcode multimedia files. However, the videos in M4V format which are downloaded from iTunes Store is not supported by VLC media player. As is known to us, the movies that are purchased or rented from iTunes have DRM protection. They are not allowed to be freely transferred or copied to other media players for playback.
So, it is impossible to directly play iTunes M4V videos on VLC media player. But there is a simple way for you to enjoy iTunes movies via VLC media player – remove DRM and convert iTunes M4V to other non-protected video formats for VLC media player.
NoteBurner M4V Converter Plus (For Mac & For Windows) , a professional iTunes M4V video converter which can help you remove DRM protection and convert iTunes movies and TV shows losslessly to various video formats with 30X faster speed. NoteBurner M4V Converter Plus can also enable you keep iTunes rentals forever!
The following is an tutorial on how to convert purchased or rented iTunes movies/TV shows to VLC using NoteBurner M4V Converter Plus for Mac. Please download the program on your Mac PC or Windows PC first before getting started.
Step-by-step guide on how to convert iTunes M4V for playing on VLC media player:
Step 1: Add Movies/TV Shows from iTunes.
Launch NoteBurner M4V Converter Plus, click on the Add Movies button, then you will see the pop up windows which will show you all the iTunes purchases and rentals. This iTunes DRM removal software enables you to add your iTunes video from the needed media catalog such as Movie, TV Shows, etc.
Step 2: Custom output video according to your need.
The added video will show up on the main panel after adding. Then you just need to choose the right output format according to your need from the output profile list.
Here you can custom the output video by plenty of option. You can input start and end point to skip the unwanted part or custom iTunes movie by adjusting the video bitrate, frame rate or audio settings.
The left picture below illustrates Windows version while the right one illustrates Mac version.
Step 3: Remove DRM and convert iTunes movies/TV shows.
When finish customization, click on the Convert Now button at the bottom to start the conversion. There will be a window popped up for you to choose output location. Check Open folder when conversion completed and click Start to start the video conversion. Then you just need to wait till the conversion completed.
What's next? Download Noteburner iTunes DRM Video Converter now!
- What is DRM&Why Remove DRM
- iTunes Best Movies of 2014
- 2014 Top 5 DRM Removal
- Secrets about iTunes Rentals
- Keep iTunes Rentals Forever
- Convert DRM M4V to MP4
- Sync iTunes M4V to Android
- Burn iTunes movies to DVD
- iTunes to Windows Media Player
- Play iTunes Movie with Plex
- Watch iTunes M4V via XBMC
- Cast iTunes to Chromecast
- Play iTunes Movies on Roku
- iTunes M4V videos to PS3
- Watch DRM Videos on Xbox One
- iTunes to External Hard Drive
- Remove drm on OS X Yosemite
- iTunes 12 movies to more
- Play iTunes M4V in VLC
- Edit DRM Movies with iMovie
- iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 3
- Import iTunes Video to iPhone 6
- Play iTunes M4V on Kindle Fire
- View iTunes movie via PS4
- Watch iTunes Movie with Wii
- Sync iTunes videos to Xbox 360
- iTunes to Windows Phone 8
- Play iTunes M4V on Surface
- DRM TV Shows to Android
- Get Nexus 9 to Play iTunes
- iTunes Movies to Nexus 6
- Put iTunes Movies on Nexus 7
- DRM Movie to Galaxy Tab
- DRM M4V to Galaxy S5
- M4V Videos to Galaxy Note 4
- DRM M4V Rentals on Apple TV
- iTunes Video to Google TV
- Stream iTunes to Nexus Player
- Convert iTunes Movies to HD TV
- Stream iTunes M4V to WD TV
- iTunes to USB Flash Drive
- iTunes Movies to OneDrive
- Convert M4V to WMV